Thursday, February 22, 2007

g not in canada

The name of this blog will shortly no longer be accurate!

Recently found out my work visa application was denied, basically because the Human Resources department at my work were too inept to do what was required of them. My boss and the people that I work with are very upset about this and were doing everything possible to keep me. But we have exhausted the possibilities, and I have to make tracks as I'm not legally allowed to stay in Canada any longer.

My plan is to stay in Seattle with Sarah for a couple of weeks, before flying out to London on the 13th of March. I am looking for work in the UK - for contracts of up to 1 year duration, anywhere outside of London (would like to try a different UK city). In fact, I already applied for what looks like a good job in Manchester. Sarah can get a 6 month working visa for the UK, and also visitor visas, so she is planning to come over for a good portion of the time I'll be there.

Overall I'm not too upset about how its worked out. Its annoying that I had invested time and effort getting a job and living situation set up in Vancouver, and now have to leave earlier than expected. But on the other hand my job is not too exciting, and its a pain traveling back and forth to Seattle etc (well, actually its been even more of a pain not having a valid visa and not being able to leave Canada). So it looks like UK round 2, which I'm quite looking forward to - a chance to earn some more pounds and travel Europe etc. UK based friends - I hope to catch up with you soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger ceej75 said...

Bon Voyage Gordon! And good luck with UK Round 2!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Gordon Simpson said...

:)

1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home