new job
Hi all,
As some of you may already know, I've started work at a new job. Its at Simon Fraser University, at the centre for online and distance education. My job is basically techy - web design and using the course software etc. The job is pretty good so far - not perhaps exactly what I would like to do but the people are nice, and more importantly its providing me with a way to stay in Canada, which is what I want right now. On that front I have applied for a work permit (tied to the job) and should hear back in a month or more. There is no certainty I will get it however, and if I don't I will have to leave the country (more or less immediately I assume). However, I did get good news today - HR are allowing me to continue working until my work permit application is processed (which is my legal right) - so I don't have to sit around not working which I thought was going to be the case. Anyway, the whole visa thing has been quite stressful, but things are working out at the moment...
As some of you may already know, I've started work at a new job. Its at Simon Fraser University, at the centre for online and distance education. My job is basically techy - web design and using the course software etc. The job is pretty good so far - not perhaps exactly what I would like to do but the people are nice, and more importantly its providing me with a way to stay in Canada, which is what I want right now. On that front I have applied for a work permit (tied to the job) and should hear back in a month or more. There is no certainty I will get it however, and if I don't I will have to leave the country (more or less immediately I assume). However, I did get good news today - HR are allowing me to continue working until my work permit application is processed (which is my legal right) - so I don't have to sit around not working which I thought was going to be the case. Anyway, the whole visa thing has been quite stressful, but things are working out at the moment...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home