long time no blog
Its been some time since I've blogged. I've more or less settled into life, work and a routine in Vancouver. Work is going OK, its neither too exciting or too horrible. I work at SFU Burnaby campus, which means a ~45 minute commute on the skytrain and a bus. The campus is up a pretty big hill, which means we get a lot more snow than down in Van (its usually 2 deg colder). Nice views of the mountains (on rare occasions when it is clear). I should be finding out any day now about my visa status - it will be a relief to finally know what's happening one way or the other.
This winter has seen a lot of snowstorms in BC. Sadly, many big and old trees in Stanley park were blown down by high winds. The air-pressure supported roof of BC place (big stadium in town) was also ripped by wind and the weight of snow and water. Seattle had power outages affecting hundreds of thousands of people. The rest of Canada has been unseasonably warm however, with ski slopes out east struggling due to lack of snow etc. Global climate change I guess.
I just finished my first flash game which I am pretty pleased with. Check it out.
-G
This winter has seen a lot of snowstorms in BC. Sadly, many big and old trees in Stanley park were blown down by high winds. The air-pressure supported roof of BC place (big stadium in town) was also ripped by wind and the weight of snow and water. Seattle had power outages affecting hundreds of thousands of people. The rest of Canada has been unseasonably warm however, with ski slopes out east struggling due to lack of snow etc. Global climate change I guess.
I just finished my first flash game which I am pretty pleased with. Check it out.
-G


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home