Tuesday, December 27, 2005

whistler part 2

hi all, things have been progressing very nicely since i've been in whistler. i have a job on the mountain - doing rentals. i am a "rental tech"! this is very cool because it means i get a free season pass, and cheap and convenient staff housing (plus minimum wage pay - but you sign up for the perks). unfortunately there is a waiting list for the housing, so i will most likely be in hostels for another 2 weeks or so, but thats ok. i've only done 1 day of work so far - xmas day! its pretty cool, we get to fit people up for boards and skis, quite hands on setting up the bindings etc. i will be working the next 5 days. some of the hours are "split shifts" - with about 2 1/2 hours break in middle of day, which is enough time to shoot up the mountain for some boarding :) i've been up about 3 times so far and am picking it up (slowly!). yesterday it was snowing while i was up there, which was cool. the top of the mountain has had some good snow, but lower down and in the village its been raining non-stop, so there is no snow in the village at present and the snow is slushy on the lower mountain.

hope everyone had a cool xmas. i ended up going out for dinner with 10 people from the hostel so that was cool...

3 Comments:

Blogger Kass said...

Our christmas was pretty neat. James came from Oxford and spent a few days with us, eating and drinking, along with some interesting conversations. Bjorn got me this strange gupie hamster thing, that zooms around the house - you have to pet it, and hug it and make smoochie sounds (okay, the sounds are optional lol) It a shame you didnt get to see it, I think it would've freaked you out quite nicely lol. I wonder if I should have a race been the gupie and the tiger lol. Maybe I'll have to make a movie on my phone. Well, I'm glad you had a good Christmas, and are having fun on the slopes. Good news about the job too! :)

4:41 AM  
Blogger Gordon Simpson said...

*whiney biarch voice* whats a gupie?* /whiney biarch voice*

hehehe, the smoochie sounds would freak me most :P

1:09 PM  
Blogger Kass said...

Yeah, thats pretty much what I said when I saw it lol.

*pinches your cheeks* coochie coochie coo!

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home